Sarah Cherwien, Psy.D., LP - Clinical Director
Dr. Cherwien works with adults in a collaborative, supportive manner to improve overall wellbeing. She believes that opening up to emotionally access the core of pain is where lasting, transformative change takes place. Thus, she is committed to providing an environment in which adults feel free to express and process their feelings, no matter how difficult, in order to lead a fuller, richer life.
Dr. Cherwien specializes in working with adults who are struggling with self-esteem, depression, anxiety, relationship concerns, and recovery from abuse or trauma. She has a wide range of clinical experience with symptoms including substance abuse, inattention, impulsivity, mania, dissociation, adjustment issues, and self-harm.
Dr. Cherwien earned an undergraduate degree in Psychology and Family Studies from St. Olaf College. She earned Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Counseling Psychology from the University of Saint Thomas. Dr. Cherwien has experience and training in psychological and cognitive assessment, teaching, and clinical supervision. In addition to her role as a treating psychologist, she serves as the clinic's Clinical Director.
- Psy.D. – University of Saint Thomas
- M.A. – University of Saint Thomas
- B.A. – St. Olaf College
- University of Saint Thomas, Adjunct Professor
- CARE Counseling
- Minnesota Psychological Resources
- University of Saint Thomas Interprofessional Center
- Park Avenue Center
- Clinic for Attention, Learning, and Memory (CALM)
- College of St. Benedict/St. John’s University
- Genesis II for Families
- St. David’s Center for Child and Family Development
- Licensed Psychologist (MN)
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- American Psychologial Association
- Minnesota Women in Psychology