Mary Benson, Psy.D. - Postdoctoral Fellow
Dr. Benson provides individual therapy to children, adolescents and adults. She takes a collaborative and acceptance based approach in helping clients meet their goals and live a more meaningful life. To do this, she focuses on creating an empathic, trusting, and warm therapeutic environment to facilitate change. Dr. Benson believes the relationship is the foundation of change, and uses both compassion and humor to help clients make changes in their lives.
Dr. Benson has experience providing individual therapy to clients with a wide variety of concerns including anxiety, depression, emotion regulation, and eating disorders. She also has experience working with relationship issues, identity development, self-esteem issues and addiction. Dr. Benson’s other experience includes providing couples and group therapy, as well as psychological assessment.
- Psy.D. – University of St. Thomas, Counseling Psychology
- M.A. – St. Mary’s University of Minnesota, Counseling and Psychological Services
- B.A. – College of Saint Benedict, Psychology
- University of St. Thomas, Counseling and Psychological Services, St. Paul, MN
- Carleton College, Student Health and Counseling, Northfield, MN
- Interprofessional Center for Counseling and Legal Services, Minneapolis, MN
- The Emily Program, St. Paul, MN
- University of Wisconsin, River Falls, Counseling Services, River Falls, WI